Ybor Flavors Television Show
In highlighting one of the country’s most colorful neighborhoods, the monthly “Ybor Flavors” television show airs on Bright House channel 640 and Verizon channel 15. "Ybor Flavors" broadcasts the latest on Ybor City and its events.
The show's host Veronica Swiatek, guides viewers on a tour of Ybor City and highlights the historic district's events, history, landmarks and flavors.
Ybor Flavors revisits the Historic District’s roots in this episode with a behind-the-scenes look at three hand-rolled cigar shops – La Faraone, Tabanero and Long Ash. Join host Veronica Swiatek as she learns about the craft that made Ybor known at the Cigar Capital of the World.
Ybor Flavors: host Veronica Swiatek explores one of the area’s fastest-growing industries – craft beer – with visits to three of Ybor City’s breweries – Coppertail Brewing, Tampa Bay Brewing Co. and Cigar City Cider and Mead:
- Small business retailers in Ybor City - The Blind Tiger Cafe, Seventh Avenue Apothecary, and Faceplant Dreams
- December 2014 - Historic Holiday Spirit's annual Snow on 7th parade
- October 2014 - Wine tour of Ybor: Ybor City Wine Bar and West Palm Wines
- March 2014 - Tour of Ybor City pizzerias: Cristino's Coal Oven Pizza, New York New York Pizza and New World Brewery
- December 2013 - Historic Holiday Spirit's Snow on 7th holiday parade
- November 2013 - Tequila's grand opening celebration and Ybor City holiday tree lighting ceremony
- October 2013 - Fantasma Fest pumpkin patch, bed races and craft beer & music festival
- July 2013 - Ybor City restaurants King Corona Cigars, Café & Bar and Gaspar's Grotto
- June 2013 - Ybor City restaurants Acropolis Greek Taverna and The Stone Soup Company
- March 2013 - Flan Fest at Ybor City Saturday Market, Florida Brewers Guild BeerFest and Fiesta Day
- January 2013 - Historic Holiday Spirit tree lighting, snow on 7th Avenue and parade
- November 2012 - 14th annual Ybor City Cigar & Heritage Festival, benefiting Ybor City Museum Society
- August 2012 - Carne ChopHouse opens in Centro Ybor
- June 2012 - Cuban Sandwich Festival, naming the best Cuban sandwiches in Florida
- April 2012 - 15th annual Festa Italiana, celebrating Italian culture and heritage in Tampa Bay
- February 2012 - Krewe of Sant' Yago Knight Parade
- December 2011 - Santa and Mrs. Claus visit Ybor City during Historic Holiday Spirit's snowfall
- November 2011 - Hoffman Porges Gallery, Ybor City Museum Society's Ybor City Architecture: Our Stories exhibit, and The Italian Club of Tampa's Ybor City cemetery
- July 2011 - Cuervo Games and renovations to the Ferlita Marconi Factory
- May 2011 - Ybor City Bocce Ball Tournament
- November 2010 - Bernini's of Ybor
- October 2010 - Red Bull's Art of Motion event at Centro Ybor
- September 2010 - Jalapeno eating contest and Snapper Mojito at Gaspar's Grotto
The following episodes must be downloaded and played directly on your computer:
View all of the "Ybor Flavors" shows at TampaGov.net.