The Housing and Community Development Division (HCD) plays a lead role in the development of housing and citizen support programs to serve the city’s low and moderate-income households, homeless, and disabled populations. HCD maintains and expands housing opportunities for low and moderate-income persons and families in the city by:
- Preserving the city’s housing stock through rehabilitation and repairing assistance programs.
- Expanding the supply of affordable housing for lower income renters and owners, including first-time home buyers.
- Serving the needs of the homeless community and partnering with homeless service providers.
- Providing impartial, unbiased, investigation services for discrimination complaints in the areas of employment, housing and public accommodation to any person that believes they have been discriminated against.
- Providing outreach activities by offering employment, housing and public accommodations, and seminars/workshops to keep the public informed about their civil rights.
Housing Information Line: (813) 307-5555
- Emergency Utilities Assistance Program (EUAP)
- Dare to Own the Dream Homeownership Program
- Notice of Tenant Rights
For more information, visit the Housing and Community Development website